September 12, 2019
For Immediate Release
MONTREAL, QUEBEC:UHP Networks (UHP), a Canadian manufacturer of advanced VSAT systems, has announced the release of a new Wideband (WB) platform which will be used in the company’s high-performance VSAT Hubs and high-speed SCPC trunking modems. The new product has 3 times greater capability in data throughput compared to the current UHP platform. This represents a significant enhancement of the UHP SCPC trunking modems and of the HTS series of multi-beam/multi-satellite UHP Hubs, which have been successfully deployed in over 60 networks around the world. The new WB platform series has the following advanced features.
- DVB-S2X carrier with up to 200 Msymbol/s, 650 Mbit/s
- Time-Slicing in accordance with Annex M of the DVB-S2X standard which facilitates scalability in the Hub and permits use of compact low-cost terminals in very large VSAT networks
- Load balancing across multiple Time-Slices and multiple satellite beams
- Pre-correction enhances operation over saturated wideband transponders
- HUBMUX feature enables aggregation of multiple TDM/TDMA networks and SCPC links in a single wideband carrier
- Full compatibility with UHP-100 and UHP-200 series of remotes terminals, each capable of processing 500 Msymbol/s DVB-S2X with time-slicing
- Compatible with Smart RedundancyTM architecture which dramatically reduces the cost of flexible M:N redundancy solutions, also including geographical Hub redundancy
This new product maximizes utilization of wideband satellite transponders, as it allows HTS operators to combine different services and applications in just one carrier.
Dr. Vagan Shakhgildian, CEO of UHP Networks, stated: “This is the next step in expanding capabilities of UHP Hubs and modems. It positions our customers well for rolling out networks over High-Throughput and Very High-Throughput Satellites, both geostationary and non-geostationary. In particular, the platform is well suited for the feeder and trunking links in the emerging LEO/MEO systems”.
To see a demonstration of the new UHP products, visit UHP Networks at IBC 2019 on September 13-17 at the RAI Convention Centre in Amsterdam, Booth1.A91 in Hall 1.
About UHP Networks
UHP Networks is a leading global manufacturer of advanced VSAT networks and systems. Headquartered in Canada, the company has over 380 networks and over 45,000 remote terminals installed in over 50 countries. Among its customers are Fortune 500 corporations, major broadcast networks, top-tier US Mobile Network Operators and government agencies. UHP has the industry’s first software-defined VSAT router, offering unparalleled processing capability (packets per second, Mbps, TCP sessions) per W of consumed power and superior bandwidth efficiency owing to the industry’s most sophisticated TDMA protocol and DVB-S2X signalling. The company won the 2018 VSAT Stellar Award for Best Ground Segment Technology.
For more information: www.uhp.net