May 26, 2016
For Immediate Release
UHP Networks to Spotlight High-Availability VSAT Hubs at CommunicAsia International Conference & Tradeshow
Montreal, May 26, 2016. UHP Networks, part of Romantis Group, will showcase their innovative UHP-HTS Hub architecture at the upcoming CommunicAsia 2016 show in Singapore. UHP team members will be greeting the public and providing demos at Booth 1R1-01, in the Marina Bay Sands Convention Center, from May 31 to June 3.
UHP (Universal Hardware Platform) technology represents a breakthrough in the VSAT business by making it possible to packvery high processing capability into a small package. While small in volume, the platform is rich in features and functionality including:
- A sophisticated resource planner with built-in QoS
- A high-performance IP router with 300,000 packets per second processing power
- A 210 Mbps modulator supporting up to 65 Msps
- Two 65 Msps 300 Mbps demodulators and four TDMA burst demodulators receivers
- 32APSK and 5% spectral roll off
All of these features fit into a compact, business-friendly UHP module with MTBF of 200,000 hours and less than 10W power consumption.
High-availability, fault-tolerant networks
UHP-HTS VSAT technology provides a range of protections to keep networks of any size up and running without interruption, including:
- A fault-tolerant Hub architecture for multi-beam HTS (high-throughput) or conventional satellites.
- M:N redundancy available for all modules—so any failed module can be disconnected, powered down, and replaced locally (migrating its software license to a low-cost standby module) without any downtime in the Hub operation.
- Geographical redundancy employing multiple hubs—the switchover between two teleports can be completed in less than two minutes for a typical enterprise VSAT network with several hundred remotes.
- Software-defined radio architecture makes the network even more resilient. Any node in the network is capable of taking over the control function if the main network controller fails.
Finally, the UHP-HTS is modular and based on distributed computing principles. Each block is a powerful module implemented with a very low count of active electronic components for high reliability and low power consumption.
UHP Networks President and CEO Dr. Vagan Shakhgildian commented, “Enterprise and government operators worldwide trust UHP to deliver high-availability and superior efficiency in their mission-critical networks. We are very pleased with the accelerating deployment of UHP technology in the Asia Pacific region—over the past year we have won new business and rolled out successful installations in China, Japan, Singapore, Indonesia, and Thailand as well as in Australia. UHP technology is now in use for over 170 networks with 11,500 remotes installed worldwide and we continue to grow.“
For more information or to schedule a meeting or product demonstration with the UHP networks team at CommunicAsia 2016 please contact Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org.
About UHP Networks Inc.
UHP Networks Inc. (formerly known as Romantis Inc) is engaged in development, manufacturing and marketing of satellite networking equipment. Its core products include UHP (for “Universal Hardware Platform”) universal satellite routers and advanced Network Management System. UHP is the industry’s first fully software-defined, high-throughput VSAT router, which can be used in a network of any size and any topology either as remote or a building block of a VSAT hub. UHP-powered solutions are efficient and reliable, with industry-best total cost of ownership. These solutions have been deployed in over 170 networks by broadcasters, Tier 1 telecom service providers, and government agencies. For more information visit www.uhp.net.